I beg you, give my regards to Mistress Squash, your mother,/ and to Master Peascod, your father. Good Master Peaseblossom,/ I want to get to know you better, too. (A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 3, Sc. 1, 169-171)

Thursday, January 7, 2010

King Oberon and Queen Titanias meeting

Earlier tonight, I met the mischevious fairy named Robin Goodfellow or Puck. He told me King Oberon was in the wood and I immediately became worried about what could happen is Titania and Oberon accidentally saw each other. I know how much Titania hates Oberon for I was the fairy she would come to talk after her estrangement with Oberon.I knew I had to warm the queen of Oberon’s presence but before I could go to her, I heard the voices of Titania and Oberon. Their voices sound harsh and mocking. I knew nothing good could come of this meeting between them. So, I decided to go back to camp and hide the changeling so he would be safe. By the time I made it back to camp, I’ll admit I was worried about the possibility of a harsh storm as a result of the Queens anger and resentment towards Oberon but I knew I had to focus on the changelings safety. I found the changeling a hiding place in the trunk of a tree where I hoped he would be safe. I then returned to camp to await queen Titania’s return. So, her I sit while the wind around me continues to get stronger and the sky is starting to turn gray. Hopefully when the Queen returns I will be able to calm her so a huge storm does not arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment