I beg you, give my regards to Mistress Squash, your mother,/ and to Master Peascod, your father. Good Master Peaseblossom,/ I want to get to know you better, too. (A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 3, Sc. 1, 169-171)

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Leaving Athens

I have just returned to our fairy camp in the forest after an extraordinary night. All the other fairies and I (including Queen Titania and King Oberon) went to the duke of Athens, Theseuses palace. We blessed the newly marries couples who rested their. Their names were Hermia and Lysander, Helena and Demetrius, and Theseus and Hippolyta. Moth and I were given the task of blessing Hermia and Lysander by singing songs Queen Titiana had taught us earlier in the day. We fluttered into the room the couple was sleeping in and sung softly to them. We breezed around the room and sprinkled fairy dust everywhere. We blessed the couple with everlasting faithfulness and fertility. After we had finished, we left the house and went back to the forest. Now, the other fairies and I will pack up our own belongings and Queen Titanias. King Oberon and Puck will also be travelling home to India with our group of fairies. Hopefully Puck will not use any of his tricks during the trip home. Well, I must go now. I have much to pack if Queen Titania wants to be ready to leave by the morning. I have seen a huge change in her since her relationship began with Oberon. She is much kinder and for the first time in years she has decided to fly with the other fairies and I back to our home in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment