I beg you, give my regards to Mistress Squash, your mother,/ and to Master Peascod, your father. Good Master Peaseblossom,/ I want to get to know you better, too. (A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 3, Sc. 1, 169-171)

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Travelling to Athens

Right now, I feel as if my wings are going to fall off! The other fairies and I have been flying day and night for two days straight from India to Athens. As if that wasn’t enough, we are flying with the fairy Queen Titania’s luggage and belongings on our backs. Let me tell you, Queen Titania has many clothes, which are made of the best materials fairy coins can buy. As I am the Queen’s most trusted fairy, she entrusted me with the honour of carrying the magnificent and expensive dress she plans to wear at Theseus and Hippolyta’s wedding. It is extremely heavy but I carry it with pride because I know it is a great honour to be carrying such a beautiful garment and to be given the Queen’s trust to keep it safe. The Queen herself will be arriving in Athens after we fairies have set up a place for her to stay in the forest. She has asked the other fairies and I to make sure the place is sheltered and well hidden because she does not wish to see her estranged husband, King Oberon. We must also make a place for the Queen’s changeling to stay where he will be safe from the King, who wants the boy for himself. This is an important task and I will take in on with great care.

No comments:

Post a Comment