I beg you, give my regards to Mistress Squash, your mother,/ and to Master Peascod, your father. Good Master Peaseblossom,/ I want to get to know you better, too. (A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 3, Sc. 1, 169-171)

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Queen Titania in love with an ass!

I cannot believe what I am seeing with my eyes. Queen Titania has fallen in love with an ass!! I have no idea how, for he looks revolting with hair sprouting in every direction. He sings with the voice of a dieing man and has the intelligence of an ogre but Queen Titania seems to find this all endearing. As if my fair Queen falling in love with such a beast wasn’t insult enough, she has ordered the other fairies and I to serve the ass’ every wish and desire. I don’t want to be polite and serve him but I know I must because if I do not the Queen will surely expel me and the huge ass may crush me! He is continually making the other fairies and I scratch his head and cut his hair. It’s as if his hair doubles in length every ten minutes! He acts as though he does not wasn’t the other fairies and I to be inconvenienced by fulfilling his needs but even though they are insane requests we must fulfill them because if we do not, the Queen will certainly dismiss us. Thankfully, Queen Titania and the ass are asleep now. I can only hope that when she awakes she will realize it was a mistake to fall in love with an ass.


No comments:

Post a Comment